Sean A. Mickley
15 W. Church Street, Suite 301
Orlando, FL 32801
4731 N. Highway A1A, Suite 226
Vero Beach, FL 32963
- Born in Miami, Florida; Raised in Vero Beach, Florida
- AV-Rated Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
- Rising Star, Construction Litigation, Florida’s Super Lawyers Magazine
- Published author on construction law topics in the Florida Bar’s RPPTL publication ActionLine
- Co-authored Chapter 7: Bids, Bid Disputes, and Competitive Negotiations Involving Public Entities” of The Florida Bar Construction Law and Practice Manual, 7th and 8th Edition
- Vice-Chair, Legislative Subcommittee and Committee member, Construction Law Institute; Florida Bar RPPTL’s Construction Law Committee
Sean practices in the areas of construction, real property, and business law and litigation. Over the course of his career, Sean has focused the bulk of his practice on representing private and public parties in all aspects and stages of construction, from project planning to post-completion claim disputes. He has extensive experience litigating and trying cases in jury and non-jury settings, including defending a municipality against claims of fraud and breach of contract by a developer which resulted in a complete defense verdict in favor of the municipality. In addition to his litigation experience, Sean has drafted and negotiated multi-million dollar construction contracts in a variety of contexts, including construction manager at risk, construction manager as an agent, cost-plus, and stipulated sum. Outside of his practical experience, Sean routinely authors construction law publications and presents continuing education programs to attorneys and construction industry personnel on construction law topics.
- Barry University School of Law, Cum Laude, J.D. 2010
- University of Florida, B.A. 2005
- State of Florida
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
Publications and Presentations
- Atkins, April and Mickley, Sean, Bids, Bid Disputes, and Competitive Negotiations Involving Public Entities, Florida Bar’s Florida Construction Law and Practice Manual, 7th and 8th Ed.
- Mickley, Sean, The Five Most Troublesome Contract Provisions on Private Construction Projects, Florida Bar RPPTL’s ActionLine Publication, Fall 2014.
- Mickley, Sean, Jax Utilities v. Hancock Bank: Equitable Remedies No More?, Florida Bar RPPTL’s ActionLine Publication, Winter 2015.
- Mickley, Sean, Sebo v American Home Assurance Company: The Florida Supreme Court Confirms Application of the Concurrent Cause Doctrine When a Loss is Caused by Multiple Independent Perils, Florida Bar RPPTL’s ActionLine Publication, Spring 2017.
- Presenter, Florida’s Construction Lien Law, Presented to Treasure Coast Builder’s Association, June 2015.
- Speaker, Contractor’s University, Melbourne, Florida, November 2017.
- Presenter, Construction Law Institute, 2017 Case Law and Legislation Update, March 2018.