1575 Indian River Blvd
Vero Beach, Florida 32960
Direct Dial: 772-999-2683 x2741
Román Ortega-Cowan is an AV-Preeminent Rated attorney who concentrates his practice on dispute resolution with an emphasis on complex construction, commercial, and trust & estates litigation. He leverages his broad experience across federal, state, and international courts to secure favorable results for his clients. Prior to moving to Vero Beach, he practiced with large firms in Miami for approximately ten years.
A member of the Florida Bar since 2003, he is also admitted to practice before the US Supreme Court, the US Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and the US District Courts for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida. During law school, he served as Editor-in-Chief of Law Review and interned with United States District Judge, John Antoon II, of the Middle District of Florida.
A graduate of Saint Edward’s School, he grew up in Vero Beach and his family has resided in the region since 1979. He demonstrates his commitment to the community by proudly servingon the Board of Trustees of Saint Edward’s School, on the Board of Directors of Literacy Services of Indian River County, and as General Counsel to Vero Beach Opera.
- Construction Law
- Commercial Litigation(select clients)
- Trust & Estate Litigation (select clients)
Honors & Accolades
- AV-Preeminent Rated / High Ethical Standing (Martindale-Hubbell)
- Client Champion / Platinum Level (Martindale-Hubbell)
- Florida, 2003
- District of Columbia, 2020
- JD, FSU College of Law (2003), cum laude, Editor-in-Chief of Law Review
- BA (Economics & Philosophy), Boston College
- Saint Edward’s School, Board of Trustees (2020 – Present)
- Vero Beach Opera, General Counsel (2016 – Present)
- Literacy Services of IRC, Board of Directors (2019 – Present)
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association