Bruce A. Norris
15 W. Church Street, Suite 301
Orlando, FL 32801
Board Certified in Construction Law by The Florida Bar
- Born in Orlando, Florida
- Honors graduate from the University of Florida, School of Building Construction (BCN)
- Before law school, worked for construction related engineering firms performing contract compliance, project scheduling, and claim evaluation
- Member of the inaugural class to be Board Certified in Construction Law by the Florida Bar
- Recognized in most published list of leading construction attorneys including: Chambers & Partners USA, Best Lawyers in America, Super Lawyers Magazine, Top Attorneys in Florida, and Orlando Magazine
Bruce has concentrated his entire legal career in the area of construction law and in 1997 he was a founding member of the firm. He routinely provides advice in the areas of contract drafting and negotiations, bidding, project administration and on-site performance, lien and bond issues, labor disputes, insurance matters, and preparation/evaluation of claims.
Having worked in the construction industry, Bruce has a strong appreciation for the need to proactively avoid disputes as well as expedite the resolution of claims in order to minimalize business disruptions and legal expenses. His passion for creative and aggressive use of alternative forms of dispute resolution naturally lead to him becoming a mediator in both construction and complex commercial disputes. Unfortunately, not all claims can be resolved short of trial and when necessary, he has tried construction claims in both state and federal courts.
Bruce has litigated claims involving: design and construction defects, changed conditions, extra work, and complex scheduling issues including delays, disruptions, accelerations, inefficiency, and lost-labor productivity.
- Samford University, Cumberland School of Law, J.D., 1994
- University of Florida, B.A., 1990
- State of Florida
- State of Georgia
- United State District Court, All in Florida
- The Marseilles Condominium Owners Association, Inc. v. Travelers Casualty and Surety Company of America, 2009 WL 3491016 (Fla. 1st DCA 2009)